Saturday 26 November 2011

Cobain Is Turning In His Grave

Everyday, clueless presenters like Chris Moyles and Fearne Cotton, rave about "new, happening, artists that will blow your mind" and then 2 weeks later they are has-beens, flash in the panners, but when those "happening" "artists" are holed up in a London cafe, pondering what might have been, those imbeciles on Radio 1 will be talking about another "brilliant, to be" artist. And so the cycle begins again. When the strains of "Talk The Talk" and "Teardrops" permeate the world music scene, Cobain will be crying, Strummer will be sobbing and Miles Davis will be as grumpy as ever. The Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Foo Fighters can't last forever, even possible legends one day like the Arctic Monkeys cannot carry on churning out classics. There can be no better example of how modern music has badly revolutionised music today than that of My Chemical Romance. Their album "The Black Parade" I can honestly say was one of the best albums I have ever heard. Yet when I describe at great length the brilliance of Gerard Way's vocals and the supremeley talented guitarist that is Frank Iero I am met with un-founded callous remarks such as "...oh, those emo crap-mongers" or "ahh, I hate that band, you want to listen to some Wretch 32 mate..." Need I say more my esteemed readers, if you hate the crap that comes out of the charts these days, are repulsed by the presenters on Radio 1 and find N-Dubz, Wretch 32, Rihanna and the like utterly talentless then read this blog, I will try to make it tasteful, subtle and refined but sometimes my sheer musical rage will overcome me and I will resort to that trusty stand-by, slagging off...